Home / Fall 2015 / SGA discusses Project Pink and school spirit

SGA discusses Project Pink and school spirit

Written by Jyrell Wynn, Staff Writer

The Student Government Association had a general assembly meeting at 8 p.m. in the University Center Cypress Room earlier this week.

At the meeting, SGA discussed things such as the Fill-a-Truck food drive, Project Pink to address breast cancer, and decorating the stadium red to show school spirit.

Nicole Njoku, committee head for student affairs, knew SGA was perfect to get involved with school affairs and make real changes to VSU. She wants students educated on SGA, because they allocate funds to organizations based on campus participation.

“SGA is a forum to get presidents of all organizations together to be in line with what school administration has in plan for the school year, “said Njoku.

SGA has various plans this semester that include ways to make parking, dining, and resident halls better.

Increasing the student retention rate is another major concern for the SGA as they plan activities to raise school support.

Sequoia Kirby, SGA comptroller, joined SGA her junior year, because they gave her an outlet to voice her concerns.

“Students should get involved and meet new people. They can make connections,” said Kirby.

On Fridays, SGA is planning on “painting” Valdosta red by encouraging students to wear the color and increase school pride.

If you want to get your voice heard, SGA meets on Mondays at 8 p.m. at the University Center Cypress Room.

Spoiler Alert: “Civil War” is At Valdosta Cinema

The movie, “Civil War” has recently been released in theaters. “Civil War” is written and ...