Home / Fall 2015 / Highlight it, send info to computer, done

Highlight it, send info to computer, done

Photo Illustration: Kayla Stroud/THE SPECTATOR

Written by Carlius Williams, Staff Writer

Wouldn’t it be cool to have a highlighter that sends what you highlight directly to the computer? Well Scanmarker has made this product available.

Scanmarker makes it so students, lawyers, researchers, and anyone else can highlight text and have that material sent to their computer. This highlighter recognizes various different types of texts from magazines to textbooks, and even notebooks.

“I think it’s convenient, but a little unnecessary,” Camille Edwards, marketing major said. “It’s not do or die. A cell phone, that’s do or die.”

Scanmarker’s goal is to make note-taking a less tedious task by virtually taking notes for their customers. Not only can the product be used to highlight, but the highlighter can also translate over 50 different languages and pick up audio so the user can read their notes aloud and have them sent directly to their computer.

The highlighter has to be connected to your computer, but this tool can still be a viable time-saving source. They are currently working on a wireless version of the highlighter as well.

If you’re interested in making midterm studying a little less hectic, you can purchase a Scanmarker from the Scanmarker website at $79.95, while the Scanmarker Air will price at $99.95.

Chariot: the new all female Uber

Written by Julie Jernigan, Staff Writer Ladies, your Chariot awaits. Earlier this week, a female-only ...