Home / Campus Life / ‘So worth loving’ creates a movement: VSU student’s message of love and self-worth

‘So worth loving’ creates a movement: VSU student’s message of love and self-worth

Written by Jyrell Wynn, Correspondent

With so much uncertainty happening around us, it is understandable for many people to be anxious about the future.

Fortunately, “So Worth Loving” shines as a candle in the darkness with a message of love and self-worth. Starting from humble beginnings as an inspirational blog to share stories of self-worth on Tumblr, Eryn Erickson decided to use the phrase to create a clothing brand company and a movement that would connect people.

As an American Sign Language/English Interpreting major, Elaine Krivsky found the message of self-love and value compelling as she became a campus representative of the company. Her goal is to create a centralized group that can hand out encouragement and hold events where people can discuss their struggles without judgement.

“That’s what this movement is about,” Krivsky said. “Share your story. Love yourself. Love other people and just create that more loving environment. Everyone has come from somewhere and is headed some place next. Along the journey, share your story and have the courage to love yourself and others.”

“So Worth Loving” can be followed on on Instagram at @swlatvsu or by checking out the hashtag #SWLatVSU.

VSU Opera presents “Opera After Dark: Vibrant Voices”

On April 4, VSU’s Department of Music hosted its Opera After Dark show “Vibrant Voices,” ...