The highly-anticipated season opener of VSU versus Albany State will come with a small caveat for those traveling to ASU’s campus.
ASU has implemented a clear bag policy for their home games this season.
The policy was implemented in the interest of enhancing security measures at games, regulating the size and type of bags that may be carried into the ASU Coliseum.
“Safety and security are issues that must always remain a priority for our events” ASU Interim Director of Athletics Jackie Nicholson said in a press release.
“We believe this policy is an important enhancement to the security measures already put in place at the institution.”
The following outlines bags that are permitted:
· Bags that are clear plastic and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″
· One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags (Ziploc bag or similar); and
· Small clutch bags, with or without a handle or strap, that do not exceed 4.5″ x 6.5″ (approximately the size of a hand).
· An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose.
Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to:
· Purses larger than a clutch bag
· Backpacks, cinch bags, and fanny packs that are not clear and/or exceed the size restrictions.
· Luggage of any kind, computer bags/cases, camera bags/cases, binocular bags/cases or any bag larger than the permissible size.
There are no changes to policies regarding what items can be carried into the stadium, only the type of bag.
The matchup is set for Sept. 7 at 7 p.m. ET
Written by Prince Robinson Jr., Sports Editor. Photo courtesy of VSU Athletics.
For more sports click here.