The Spectator is looking for interns!
We are a forward-thinking and passionate organization looking to bring in interns with a strong passion and understanding of the digital media landscape, including various social media platforms. The Spectator is currently looking to train and expand our staff in the upcoming year.
The interns acquired for these positions will be integrated into our vibrant and passionate team, who are very excited to share this launch with interns hoping to gain extensive journalism and social media experience.
- Assist and observe assigned Media Mentors as needed
- Monitor and post on blogs, forums, and social networks
- Assist with online outreach and promotion using Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more
- Optimize website and social media
- Perform keyword analysis
- Perform cost/benefit analysis
- Attend social media committee meetings 1 time a week (either in person or virtually)
- Positive Attitude
- Willingness to learn
- An interest in media, journalism, marketing, or design
- Practical experience with newspaper launch and social media campaigns
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with experienced, knowledgeable professionals
- Opportunity to participate in networking events and organization meetings
- Flexible schedule for students
- Do I have to have any news writing or social media experience to apply?
- No experience is required. We will provide interns with ample opportunities to gain experience that will benefit them in the workforce.
- Will my voice be heard?
- Absolutely! Here at The Spectator, we lead by example making sure the voice of the students are heard and represented to the best of our abilities
- Will this be a paid internship position?
- No, the internship positions are not paid, but our internship positions will train you for paid positions at The Spectator which can become available every semester.
- What skills will I learn that I can apply to my resume to prepare me for future careers?
- Collecting and organizational skills
- Time Management
- Understanding of aspects of the media industry
- Teamwork skills
- Journalism skills
- Project Management skills
- AND MORE!
Interested? Apply here!