Hey, VSU community. I’m back with your top weekend picks. If you’re stuck in your dorm or apartment, and need something to do, check out where to go this weekend in Valdosta.
1. In this week’s issue of the Spectator, Editor-in-chief Amber Smith and managing editor Jennifer Gleason wrote their opinion on the newly opened Shane’s Rib Shack. Want to see if you’d like it? Try out the new restaurant in town at 1525 Baytree Rd., across from Kohl’s.
2. If your refund just got deposited today, why not go to the Colonial Mall Valdosta and pick up a few things that you’ve been wanting? You’ve made it through fall and reached your spring semester, so go out and get something nice for yourself.
3. If you don’t like the mall here, gas up the car and head to Tallahassee, Fla. You and some friends can enjoy a day outside of Ga., and see what all Tallahassee has to offer.
4. If you’re into the outdoors, you can Campout on Campus with CORE. It begins today at 1 p.m. on the front lawn. It’s said to have slack line, an inflatable challenge course, a kickball tourney, ultimate Frisbee and a photo booth. They will also show “Total Recall” at 7 p.m. So pack up your sleeping bags and cantines, and head to the front lawn.
5. There’s always something going on in Remerton. After all, it is the weekend. You can go visit all of the bars and enjoy your night with friends. Remember to drink responsibly and stay from behind the wheel if you have alcohol in your system.
Hope you enjoyed this weekend’s top picks. Check back next Friday for more things to do.