Written by: Jordan Barela
The heat wave is set to emblazon Valdosta with high temperatures in the hundreds. Below are a few tips to help beat the heat this upcoming week.
- One of the most important things to do is to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Another good tactic, eat fruits and vegetables as they have water in them and can keep you hydrated.
- Reduce the time that you spend outside because sunburn reduces the body’s ability to dissipate heat.
- Sunscreen in hot temperatures is an absolute must, of course. Another good tip is to wear loose fitting and heat- reflecting colors.
- Practice “Texas Cool”: “Texas Cool” is an easy and efficient method to do in your home on hot days. What you do is, open the windows in your home during the cooler temperatures, particularly at night. When the sun comes up or the heat rises, close the windows and use fans to circulate the cool air throughout your home.
- Save outside activity, such as exercise, for later in the day if the temperature is in the three digit range.