Home / Campus Life / The Major Keys to Success

The Major Keys to Success

Photo Illustration: Kayla Stroud/SPECTATOR

Written by Miles Brown, Staff Writer

The Office of Career Opportunities and Housing and Residence Life are having an event called “The Major Keys to Success.” This name is also a spin on DJ Khaled’s popular “major keys” saying.

DJ Khaled is also a perfect example of someone who has the ability to brand himself and effectively sell whatever he wants to his ever-growing fan base. He has millions of followers on social media and is one of the highest paid DJs in the world, all because he is a living, breathing advertisement.

There were four events in the Major Keys to Success series. The last event in the series, “Enlighten Yourself,” will take place on Tuesday, April 26 at 7:00pm in Powell Hall Auditorium. People who have attended three out of four of the events will yield a certificate. This past week’s event focused on developing a personal brand.

The events are in collaboration with Student Employment to help teach students how to create a strong and unique professional identity to land their dream job. Other events in the series included “Believe in Yourself,” “Brand Yourself,” and “Market Yourself” which took place this past Tuesday.

Students in every field may benefit from attending the last of the events next Tuesday and take what they learned and apply it to their future.

New Looks, Same Goal: Meet Divinity Modeling Troupe

Divinity Modeling Troupe is one of the fastest-growing organizations on campus, with a recent rebrand ...