Home / Campus Life / Try out temporary tattoo before making commitment

Try out temporary tattoo before making commitment

Pipeworks Brewing co-founder Beejay Olson shows off the tattoo on his fingers that reads "beer geek." (Nancy Stone/Chicago Tribune/TNS)

Written by Julia Rodriquez, Staff Writer

Tattoos are forever, unless of course you decide to go through the expensive and painful process of laser removal. Momentaryink.com allows people to take their tattoo for a test run before making the big commitment.

Just because an image looks good on paper, does not mean it will look as good on skin. Our bodies are not a flat canvas and until now, people had to just hope that the tattoo would turn out well.

In order to get one of these temporary tattoos just go to Momentaryink.com and begin the order process. You will need to upload an image of the tattoo you desire, however the image cannot be on someone, it must be flat and in full view. After you upload the image, you need to enter the desired scale of the tattoo. The scale of the tattoo is based on the longest part of the image. Enter how many inches it is and the price will vary accordingly.

After this you will be asked what part of your body that the tattoo will be placed, this is so they can ensure that the image will fit and will not look distorted. In addition, they ask if you would like more than one because if you make a mistake during the application process, you probably will not want to wait for another to come in the mail. At the bottom of the page you will find a text box where you can make any addition requests regarding size, color or anything else.

Once you have completed these steps you simply enter your payment and delivery information. A five-inch tattoo is only $25 and shipping is free for United States residents. Smaller tattoos will be cheaper and bigger ones more expensive. Price can also vary according to how intricate or simple the image is.

These temporary tattoos are different than the ones you get for a quarter in those grocery store vending machines because they are customizable. In addition, these tattoos are 100% resistant to sweat and water and will last for three to 10 days. If you have sensitive skin and are worried that that this tattoo will harm it, you may find comfort in the fact that the website assures the tattoos are safe for any skin type and will not cause irritation. Reviews can be found on the website of people who have loved the fact that these temporary tattoos really look like the real deal. In fact, if you are not satisfied, you will get your money back.

Red Alert! VSU free speech in danger

VSU has earned a “red light” rating from the Foundation for Individual Rights and Expression, ...