Home / Campus Life / Do I have to go back to school? How to get back in school mode

Do I have to go back to school? How to get back in school mode

Written by Mayah Catave, College Life Editor

It’s hard to jump back into focus after spending a week partying, relaxing or Netflixing on your couch. It’s very easy to stay in vacation mode and forget about everyday life activities. School is the last thing you want to think about when you’ve spent the last 7 or so days relaxing. Here’s some tricks and tips to prepare yourself after returning from a week-long vacation.

1. Get organized

The very first thing you should do after returning from spring break is organize all of your work. A planner would probably be best to keep everything in order. Write down everything including a break time, gym time, and everything in-between.

1. Create goals

Every day or at least every hour, create a goal. This is the easiest way to get things done. Make sure you have an idea of what you are trying to accomplish.

1. Reward yourself

After you accomplish a goal, reward yourself. Once you finish an assignment, treat yourself with candy, a break, or an hour of TV time. Anything that can keep you motivated.

1. Don’t procrastinate

The only way to get things done is to just do it. Keep working to complete your goals.

1. Meet with fellow students

A good way to stay motivated is working with other students. Sometimes watching other students work will give you the motivation to continue working.

1. Find a study routine

It’s time to get back into the groove of things. Make sure to find a method to study that works for you. Find out when is the best time to study, day or night. Get things done on your schedule.

1. Plan ahead

Remember to plan, plan, plan. It’s easier to get through your tasks when you have already planned out what you need to do.

1. Mind over matter

Work always seems like a ton when you start off. If you tell yourself you can do it, you can.

1. Breathe

Remember to breathe. It’s okay. Rome wasn’t built in a day. Relax and know that everything will get done. Don’t worry.

VSUPD Crime Blotter: Collisions and Collapses

Collision in Hopper Circle On Monday, March 25, at 9:49 a.m., Officer Kenny McDonald with ...