Home / Campus Life / VSU Ignites School Spirit in Students

VSU Ignites School Spirit in Students

Photo Illustration: Kayla Stroud/SPECTATOR

Written by Mayah Cantave, Staff Writer

School spirit is not something that can be defined easily. It is a feeling of pride, a moment to foster relationships between students and to show support to your school.

VSU is attempting to give all students and members of the community that feeling of pride.

VSU has begun to kick off many activities to get more students in the school spirit. Students are encouraged to take part in school pride by wearing red shoes.

The Red Shoe Friday campaign kicked off on Oct. 24 during VSU’s homecoming week.

Every Friday is Red Shoe Friday for VSU. Students are meant to show their Blazer pride by wearing their favorite bright red shoes, flip-flops, pumps or sneakers around campus.

School spirit is not only extended to students but to faculty, alumni, staff and other members of our community as well.

The goal of Red Shoe Fridays is to enhance game day experiences for students. It is hoped that if students have more Blazer spirit, they will attend more games.

Students and those participating in events like Red Shoe Fridays are urged to submit pictures of their efforts to show off their Blazer Spirit via social media using the hashtags #valdostastate and #VSshoes. Students have submitted their photos to Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.

Counseling Center helps students with final exam stress

Final exams are approaching, which means this is when most students put in the slightest ...